Breaking Through the Ceiling
Stuck. Frustrated. Overwhelmed.
Whatever you'd like to call it, every business “hits the ceiling” at some point. This also happens in every department and with every person in every business. The good news is this is completely normal as it is a natural part of growth and can be overcome.
In an ideal world, every company's growth chart would be an upward trending linear line. The reality is they experience periods of evolution, steady growth and stability, and revolution, substantial turmoil and change. The companies that do break through these revolutionary periods realize that what got them to where they are today will not get them to the next level. You will struggle getting from where you started to where you want to be with the same structure and practices in place. Things become more complex and chaotic as you grow from a company of 3 to a company of 20 and you can experience many frustrations along the way if you do not scale properly and break through the ceiling.
Fortunately, there is hope! The Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS®) focuses on how you can break through the ceiling and continue your growth by mastering these 5 leadership abilities.
1. SIMPLIFY - With organizational growth comes complexity. This makes everything from communication to delivering a consistent experience more challenging. Focus on rooting out complexity as it grows in your organization and reducing everything to its simplest form. Less is more.
2. DELEGATE - The only way for an organization to grow is for the leaders to build extensions of themselves and let go of responsibilities. Focus on what you love and you're best at then delegate as much of everything else that you can.
3. PREDICT - It's human nature to lose focus every 90 days. Which is why you need to gain alignment on what your priorities are and communicate them every quarter. During that 90-day world there will be 148 other issues that will come your way. These must be prioritized appropriately and resolved as necessary vs. the approach of treating all issues equal. Simply put, when everything is important - nothing is important.
4. SYSTEMIZE - This is defining the way you do your business. Every company has a handful of core processes that defines how they do what they do. These must be effective, simplified and documented at a high level (20/80 approach). When these are followed by all consistency and scalability is created, which drives to a higher profit margin.
5. STRUCTURE - Remove yourself from the "way it has always been done" mindset. To get to the next level you need to get the right structure in place for where your company will be a year from now, not what got you to where you are today. Get the right seats identified with the roles and responsibilities crystalized to reduce complexity and help drive accountability.
None of these leadership abilities are new or sexy, they are just necessary to take your business to the next level. EOS® provides a framework with tools and proven processes that helps leadership teams break through the ceiling and get more of the results they want.
Have you hit the ceiling? If this resonates with you and your business, schedule a free meeting with me to learn more about where you are at today and how EOS can help you get more of what you want from your business.